Friday, December 23, 2005

Worship While You Work

Tonight was phenomenal. Not necessarily because of what I was doing, but because of how thick the presence of God was while I worked. I listened to Mae, Delirious (Glo), Crowder (Collision) and a message by Louie Giglio and I was captivated. I was a bit overcome a few times and had to work to hold it together so as to not be a distraction. While everybody else seemed completely absorbed in whether or not they would get the day off tomorrow, I was completely captivated by God in a way that I doubt happens very often where I work.

I have to admit, I'm feeling more creative and part of the reason for that is that I get to listen to music all day while I work. Not someone else's choice, not because I have to, not to help me find the latest resource for worship planning, but music that I resonate with that connects me with God, challenges my perception of artistic possibility and makes me want to leave mid-shift so I can grab a guitar and sing until my throat hurts.

God, grant that this urge that I feel within me would coincide with a work that you are doing in this community. May it continue to rise to flood stage until we have no choice but to pour the overflow of our hearts into anthems of praise and creative expression that ultimately exhibit You. Open the gates and allow Your Spirit to do a work here that draws attention to how great, holy and captivating you truly are. Amen.

No comments: