Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Movement

I think God is up to something. About half way through my shift at work tonight I really got the sense that I'm supposed to be fasting. I haven't done much fasting since this summer, but it is a discipline that usually helps my prayers gain focus. It's not that I haven't been praying, I just feel like I've been using buckshot to hunt squirrels. It might get the job done, but it won't leave much meat to add to the stew.

For the record, I've never hunted or eaten rodent. The hunting thing was just an analogy.



I also get the sense that I'm supposed to be writing. Not in the "right this second I'm writing on the blog" type of writing, but actual writing. I just don't know what I'm supposed to be writing. Songs, articles, grant proposals... I'm hoping that the next few weeks will begin to bring some clarity.

No comments: