Friday, December 02, 2005

Work Schedule

A bit of good news on the work front. It looks like after the first of the year I'll be able to adjust my schedule a bit. I'll be working 2:30-midnight M-F except for Wednesday which will be 2:30-6:30.

A few months back I was praying that something would work out so that I could be at rehearsals for worship team on Wednesday nights because I was just starting to play, but knew that it would be better if I could do more than just show up on Sunday morning. I actually prayed about it on the way to work one day and when I arrived, I was told to fill out a proposal for an adjusted schedule. Nothing was said about it for awhile and I kind of assumed that it went away until I was told last night that it looked like it would be accepted.

I'll be happy to be a part of the team and have another night where I can be home to help put the kids to bed. My guitar playing is sure to improve as well with an additional practice time scheduled in. I'm the kind of player that likes to hear what everybody else is doing and see what I can do to add to it. It's kind of hard to do that on the fly when you haven't worked with the other players. I can now experiment on Wednesdays, refine Thursday-Saturday and hopefully have it together on Sundays.

No comments: