Saturday, December 17, 2005

Saturday NFL, It's a Beautiful Thing


I wasn't paying close enough attention to the NFL schedule this week and was pleasantly surprised to turn on the TV today and stumble upon the Bucs/Pats game. As much as I love the college bowl games, I am always pleased when the NCAA goes on hiatus for a month so we can have Saturday, Sunday and Monday night football courtesy of the NFL. It's good conditioning for the Saturday/Sunday schedule of the playoffs coming up in a few weeks.

The only downsides this year are that I can't really watch MNF because of work and I can't watch Saturday or Sunday night games because they're played on ESPN and we have neither cable or satellite. In order to "watch" the TB/NE game earlier, I had to set my hand on top of the antennae unit on the TV. Otherwise I had to settle for just the audio since I couldn't even tell which team was which. I miss ESPN, but never more than when one of my teams is playing a night game.

I'm making the best of it tonight by listening to my Broncos play the Bills online.

No comments: