Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A Late Night, An Interview and a Little Sermon Prep


I just got home from work about 15 minutes ago. We're being allowed to work 3:30pm-1:00am M-T and noon-4:00pm on Friday to give those that are traveling a jump on the holiday weekend. We're not actually going anywhere until Sunday after church, but I thought it would be fun to do it anyway. Nine hours at work didn't feel much different than eight, except for the fact that I had fairly nasty stuff to work on tonight, so it felt a little long.

Tomorrow (today?) I have an interview for a couple of positions with a media/internet company in town for customer support. One job would be like what I'm doing now, only on the phone (the huge upside is that it would be a M-F, 8-5 job), the other would be doing internet tech support on the phone (the huge upside is that it would pay at least $1 an hour more than I'm currently making, but the shift is still up in the air). We'll see how things go and whether I'm offered anything before I consider whether it would be worth making the move.

It's now time to do a bit of sermon prep for January 8 since everybody is in bed.

No comments: