Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A Place to Call Home

We signed a lease on a place in Sioux Falls today and I'll be moving some of our stuff there this weekend while Amy and the kids head back to Indiana for a wedding. I'm hoping to spend my first night there on Thursday, thereby cutting my commute time by about 1.5 hours after work!

It will be nice to finally have a place to call home. It will be a bit cramped, but we're getting used to "transitionary" situations being of a longer duration than we would normally hope. Nothing about this move has gone as quickly as we would have chosen, but we've learned to be more patient, more trusting and more united. We're just doing the best we can and we've all been very patient with each other through this whole process.

I'm still interested to see what other opportunities await. Being in Sioux Falls, physically, should help us be more aware of them when they exist.

No comments: