Friday, September 16, 2005

Moved In

I was able to move into our duplex yesterday before I went to work. I had been scrambling trying to take care of other stuff on my way to Sioux Falls yesterday, so I got to the house, unloaded the van and went straight to work. I hit WalMart after work for a few grocery items and some other essentials that the house was lacking.

When I got home, I blew up the air mattress (which I felt really bad about since it was 1:30am and I'm sure the air compressor had to have jarred our upstairs neighbor out of a restful sleep) and proceeded to unpack a few essentials. I unpacked the computer (which I still don't have internet for, so I'm at the library), TV/VCR, set up the shower curtain and otherwise just dinked around the place until I fell asleep sometime after 4:00.

I haven't been sleeping well on this new schedule since I had been getting home at 2:00 or so and needed to unwind before sleeping. I'm working on four hours of sleep today and haven't had more than 5.5 all week, so I'm hoping that exhaustion will help me to sleep tonight so that I can get my schedule straightened out this weekend.

In other news, I'm official enough at work. They paid me. I had been left out of a lot of systems in my 10 days there because of the last minute communication from them, so I had said that I was fine with all of the snafus as long as they paid me. Thankfully, they did.

Today will consist of going out to buy a few more essentials and more groceries before work at 3:30. Can't wait.

No comments: