Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Therapy of a Day Off and a Box of Beans


Shortly after I wrote last night's inspirational, hope filled entry, I decided I needed to enjoy something and settled on my "Mr. Bean" box set on DVD. 90 minutes of Bean and I was feeling a bit better about life, the universe and everything (except the job).

Today is a day off. Amy and I are helping Hal out with a chapel service at the University of Sioux Falls tonight, so I got the night off from work. It's just the three of us, so we'll be going acoustic for the evening. I went out and bought a djembe today which I'll bring along in case it might be of use.

I spent a good part of the day working on the basement. It is now looking fairly organized and we are almost completely finished unpacking the house. There's a few boxes on the back porch and a few more on the way from Yankton that will have to fit into the scheme I've got going down there.

Jim and Marilyn will be here in a bit to watch the kids while we do the chapel service. It will be the first time they've seen the place since they helped us unload the truck a few weeks ago. I actually feel pretty good about the digs. It is definitely livable and we only have another 11 months on the lease. Hopefully by the time it's up, we'll have a new job and a sold house in Indiana so we can buy something here.

I think being in this small a place has actually been good for us. We'll be glad to be able to expand a bit, but I think we'll be able to set our sights on something smaller than we were looking at before we decided to rent. We've discovered that we can make a smaller space work and that we have entirely too much crap. I smell a yard sale, Summer 2006.

No comments: