Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Fear the Sneeze

I wrote the other day about a stupid injury I sustained and the after effects. It has subsided to a certain extent and I'm feeling much better, but it's still painful and is slowing me down a bit. The worst thing is the knowledge that certain things are going to cause the pain to spike.

The most painful thing going right now is the sneeze. Every sneeze doubles me over as fire shoots through my entire left side, tearing through me like the slash of a knife. The pain is bad enough, but the anticipation that comes with a sneeze has become a somewhat panic filled event. My mind races trying to warn me of what is coming and assessing whether there is anything to be done to prevent the event from occurring. I have failed entirely in every attempt to suppress the sneeze. I now fear the sneeze.

No comments: