Friday, November 18, 2005

A Shift in the Winds


In the never ending ebb and flow of frustration and contentment, I believe I've shifted back to contentment for the time being. This week at work has been much improved over previous weeks and I haven't even dreaded going the last few days (except for having to brave the cold when I'd rather just stay inside).

How long will contentment set up residence? I don't know. I remember a few years ago reading the Psalms straight through in one day from The Message paraphrase. I feel like the pacing of that experience is a solid parallel to where I'm at right now. Songs of great praise, assurance and comfort sitting right next to songs of lament, longing and separation. I don't know when my next lament will be, but I'll treasure the contentment while it lasts.

No comments: