Saturday, October 01, 2005

Done with training

We had our last night of training tonight and will be starting work on Monday in the cubicle farm that will be our home from this day forth. It was a nice, relaxed evening and we were even let go a half hour early. We got to see where our individual desks are and it looks as though I'll have a little room to bring some personal items. I'll spend a little time this weekend deciding what to bring, but it won't be nearly as much stuff as I had in my office at Hanfield.

The rest of the day was a bit interesting. Amy had been in Yankton last night with the kids and had a tire blow on the van on the way back to Sioux Falls this morning. Yet another expense with a van that we expect to give it up pretty much any time now. Everybody was fine and AAA got Amy back on the road with the donut on the van.

When Amy got back, we went to buy a $30 dryer that we had seen advertised in the local shopper. We picked it up, got it home and are now waiting to see if it was worth the $30 or not. The thought of being able to dry clothes in a dryer instead of hanging everything on lines in the basement is a beautiful thing. Hope it works out.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. I don't have much planned but will get to learn about and possibly run the sound system at church on Sunday. I nearly got to play guitar, but the regular guy was actually available this week. He's apparently about to move, so I may get a chance to play some in the months ahead, even though I'm not available for rehearsals because of my work schedule. I'm looking forward to getting back in the game some.

It's late, I'm catching a cold and I'll have to be up with the kids when they get up in the morning, so I'm off to take some medicine and hopefully get a good night's sleep.

No comments: