Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Sunshine & Lollipops?

The discontented wife chimes in. I'm not supposed to do this. This is Matt's blog, not mine. But I've found it interesting that this is the only way I know what's going on in my own husband's head much of the time. For the most part, you get the news the same way I do.

The birthday party last night was fun. The drive- not so great. I had ONE thing to do yesterday, and I messed it up (typical). I forgot the present. I was over halfway to Mitchell when I realized it, and was about 45 minutes ahead of schedule, so I turned around and went back. Why did I go back? I don't know. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. The kids really enjoyed the extra hour or so in the car. By the time we got to the party, we were 45 minutes late, and I was a little jittery from driving -let's just say a little faster than normal to get there. I left Sioux Falls at 5 minutes until 6 and walked into the party at the Pizza Ranch in Mitchell at 6:45. Let's just say, I may have beat a land-speed record.

But hey! At least all 4 wheels stayed on the car this time!

So we got a letter from our new & improved realtor yesterday. She's recommending that we drop the price of our house, based on a comparative market analysis, to less than we bought it for. WHAT?! This would absolutely negate the already slim possibility of buying a house in Sioux Falls, possibly ever. I guess there's a bright side. Maybe we could sell the lawnmower.

I am doing Beth Moore's study, "Beloved Disciple" and this week, we studied the passage in John about Jesus being the vine and we are the branches. She asked the question, "Do you ever feel like God is picking on you?" The thought behind that being, that He may be pruning me. Great. I love pruning.

I don't think I have the right attitude about all this this morning. (Is it obvious?)


Amy

No comments: