Thursday, October 13, 2005

Forced Commute

I'm on my lunch break at work which is at a different time than all of my teammates, so I've got a little time to kill before I get back to it.

Amy and the kids left for Yankton this afternoon. I was going to take advantage of their departure and go for a decent ride of about 20-25 miles before work. Before they left, I wanted to pump the tires up on the Neon with the compressor in our van. By the time I finished with the tires, I figured I'd best check the van to see if it would start since we've been having trouble with it. It didn't. We tried to jump it before they left, but it didn't seem to want to take a charge.

I decided that rather than hold Amy up (she was already running a little behind) I would forgo my long ride and ride to work instead. I'm hoping that maybe I'll be able to try again tomorrow morning before Amy and the kids get back. My new job has definitely put a kink in my ride routine. Even so, I have logged more miles this year than in any other calendar year in my life. Taking three months off work will do that to a guy.

No comments: