Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A Second Offer?

I had an interview in Sioux Falls today at one of our finer retail chains where I was offered a position in the fine jewelry department. I would probably earn more money than at the other job that I've been offered, but I might have more room to advance there than I would doing retail. I've given myself until Friday to decide which job I'll take. I figure that will give me a few days to bask in the feeling of being so wanted.

The reason I don't mention the places that I'm applying by name is that I'm hoping to maintain some anonymity, knowing there have been people fired from their jobs for being critical of their companies on a personal blog. It stinks that it's the case, but what are you gonna do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In terms of selecting a job, the other consideration of course would be the available health and miscellaneous insurance benefits. These are important components and should be weighted as well. Also, are the advancement opportunities outlined in advance for job #2? Short term financial gains are tempting but mid to long term advancements and possible benefit scenarios would sway me in the decision making process. - Just my two cents.