Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Current State of Mind

It seems like most of my thinking on the job hunt and house selling has turned rather pessimistic. I tend to consider myself more of a cynical optimist, so I find myself somewhat depressing to carry on a conversation with when my mind turns to those subjects. I really just want to find something, get started and see what happens from there, but then when something is presented, I'm not all that sure that I want it.

I have been offered a job with a large financial institution and I'm really hoping something better comes along before I'm forced to take it. I wouldn't start until Sept. 5th, so I have a brief window where an employer could sweep in and rescue me, but I have a feeling I'll be reporting to the large financial institution without much enthusiasm on Sept. 5th.

We're pretty much tapped out moneywise, we're living on the rather extended good graces of our family and really could benefit by having something happen soon.

Praise God for what we have. We have a great family support system, loving friends and the assurance that we're where we are supposed to be. I just wish I knew why we are here instead of already employed and living in Sioux Falls with no property in Indiana hanging over our heads. God is good and I know that this experience will not be wasted. Nothing I've ever done has been with Him.

No comments: