Thursday, August 11, 2005

Missing my fellow sports fans

Terrell Owens gets the boot from Eagles training camp and I'm isolated from anyone that I could carry on a two hour rant session about it with! Amy at least knows who T.O. is and has an understanding about what makes his situation so deplorable, but she'd probably only be into the conversation for about 30 seconds. Tim Lehrian and I would have carried on an entire lunch discussion on this one topic (with the Bucs and Steelers thrown in, I'm sure). Kyle Hufford and I would have wasted at least 15 minutes of productive work time on it. Tim Helm and I would have bored everybody else during the first part of a worship planning meeting due to news of this magnitude.

Instead I sit in South Dakota unable to carry on a sports conversation.

1 comment:

Tim Lehrian said...

I usually just have a one-sided conversation with Renee about sports stuff she could care less about anyway. At least I've had my say then. :)

Actually, yes I do miss our sports ramblings at lunch. However, not having lunch with you for a while has at least spared us from having to talk about our baseball teams, seeing as they are the 4 worst teams in baseball right now.

T.O. is not worth it. The Eagles should trade him to someone who wants him (although I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would want to trade for him). I just hope the Bucs or Steelers are not that team. I have heard rumors that Atlanta would have an interest. More power to them, I guess. I think they should void his contract, and he should not ever play football again. But that'll never happen.

I hate it when big jerks become great athletes. Because they know they're good enough for someone to want their services, so they think they can act however they want. There's no accountability for their off-the-field actions. Oh well, back to work for me. Enough rambling...