Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Workshop Ideas

Amy and I have talked a little over the past few days about the possibility of putting together some ideas for different workshops that we could do for churches regarding worship ministry topics. The thought is that we could potentially do workshops around the area with churches looking to start, tweak or revamp their worship ministries or for groups of churches either within denominational districts or in conference settings. It would help scratch our ministry itch and also bring in a little extra income.

We've done enough of this kind of thing and received strong enough feedback to think that we'd actually be pretty good at it. We've talked about worship planning (especially thematic planning), worship evangelism and vocal workshops including basic vocal skills and worship leading techniques among others. We'll have to do some more intentional planning in order to get the word out and I don't know how long it will take to get a few workshops set up. It's the kind of thing that I think could generate pretty decent word of mouth and keep us fairly occupied, but time will tell.

In the meantime, I'm still plugging away at the job; looking for another, but content for the time being. Amy is seeing an increase in her piano and voice studio and hopes to pick up some more with her jewelry biz.

We're also in the process of trying to rent our Indiana house. We've had a few calls about it. Amy said that one lady called and seemed a bit less than honest. When Amy asked her for a reference, she said, "Well, I suppose you could call my current landlord, but he probably wouldn't be too happy to find out I'm breaking my lease with him." Takes all kinds. We did have one that asked about the possibility of rent-to-own, but she hasn't even seen the place yet, so we're not going to get our hopes up too much. Amy was in bed when I got home, so I don't know if we had any other calls about it tonight.

Speaking of bed...

No comments: