Friday, February 24, 2006

The Home Stretch

When I get back from break, I'll only have about 90 minutes left in my work week. Tonight has been absolutely brutal and mentally exhausting. I was running on fumes when I got here tonight. Since then, the price of fuel has soared and I can't afford to pay. I'm hoping I've got enough momentum to just roll to the finish of the week.

Tonight I find myself longing to be able to do something else. I finally got the trumpet out of the basement and filled out my teaching exam registration stuff. Two steps closer to the classroom. I'm beginning to enjoy the thought of it. Especially at 10:30 pm on a Friday.

As for those other posts I promised, they are on their way, but I'm not sure when I'll actually have the mental energy to expend on them. Amy and I are leading worship on Sunday while Hal speaks which means I've got a little more practicing to do tomorrow since several of the songs I've never led before and am just learning. It should be fun, but I don't think I'm going to get a day of complete rest for at least another week.

Back to it.

No comments: