Monday, February 06, 2006

Half Speed

I feel like I'm moving at half speed tonight. I'm tired, have a slight cold and can't convince myself that I have it in me to concentrate the way I need to. I also can't afford to take time off and go home, even though VTO was offered (yet again).

I'm at the halfway point of my shift and have managed to hold it together thus far, but I keep finding myself staring at mail as though I was actually reading it, but comprehending nothing that is on the page. The easiest tasks are requiring me to re-read a letter two or three times to see if I'm understanding it correctly.

Nights like this don't happen often, but when they do they seem to last forever. That would pretty much sum up tonight. I've already sent a pretty solid salvo of caffeine after the problem to no avail. Not sure how long the next 4.5 hours will take in "Mattland".

Break's up. Back to it.

No comments: