Saturday, June 03, 2006

Home Alone

Today has been a bit of a rarity for me as I am home alone. Amy and Xander are out climbing Crazy Horse in the Black Hills with Grandma Marilyn and Maia is staying with my folks. I took Maia and my niece, Cassie, to Mom and Dad's on Thursday night and then drove back by myself for work yesterday. Amy called me from the top of Crazy Horse a few hours ago to let me know that they'd made the climb and that it was beautiful. They have a few more things planned out there before they head back tomorrow night.

It's been a change to be able to do things at my own pace today. I hit the road for a 52 mile ride this morning which was pretty good. A little wind, not as smooth a road surface as the other day, but I was still riding pretty well with the new bike. The only downside to riding right now is that I've been having numbness and a little bit of pain in my hands on longer rides. I'm pretty sure I've got a pinched nerve which made riding a bit uncomfortable at times. Today was a good test though as I was able to find at least one position where my right hand felt somewhat comfortable. I do the first day of the Tour de Kota a week from tomorrow and at 100 miles, I'm a bit worried as to how the hands will do.

The rest of the day has been spent cleaning the house, doing laundry, dishes, adapting the clip for my frame pump to fit my new bike and napping. I know, just living the life. It's a lot easier doing housework without anybody to get in the way or mess it up as soon as you do it. I'll probably practice some guitar and catch a movie tonight.

No comments: