Sunday, June 04, 2006

Getting the Family Back

They've begun trickling in. Maia returned this afternoon with my folks. We hit Hu Hot with Rena and the girls after church this morning. Mom and Dad had never been to Hu Hot, so they were indoctrinated well. Mom was even almost engulfed in flame as she got her second plate. They were cleaning the grill and had a good sized fire going while her food was on.

Amy and Xander will return late tonight after climbing Crazy Horse yesterday and seeing Mount Rushmore this morning. They hit a few other points of interest (at least for Xander) and should have some good stories to tell when they return.

I finally got my test results from the teaching exam that I took in April and I passed with flying colors. I honestly wasn't sure if I would pass or not, but the music theory, history and performance sections of the test were really strong. My education and professional practices sections were within the averages for scoring but were a bit lower, which was no surprise. Even though I'm not looking for teaching jobs now, I'll probably still see about getting my certification in South Dakota if it won't cost me too much.

In other job news, I finally got my rejection from the church that I did the phone interview with on the way to Indiana. It was not a surprise, but I received my notice via email first thing this morning, right before going to church and helping with the worship leading. The timing could have been better, but at least it didn't come as a surprise. I'm happy for the church because they found the right person for the position, but I'm still a bit disappointed. Now I'm waiting to hear from the church that I interviewed with last week. Time will tell where we're supposed to be.

No comments: