Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Phone Interview

I had a phone interview with a church this evening about a Worship Arts position at a church of about 600 people in a college town in Nebraska. I had previously spoken with the Senior Pastor, two other staff members and one of their elders who is also on the search committee and really enjoyed each of the conversations. I felt like the interview (with a handful of people on speaker phone went fairly well. I can always think of other things that I wish I had said after the fact, but that's just the way I am.

The next step is to see if they want to meet us in person and see where that might lead. A big part of my interest in the position is that they are looking at starting a new service targeting 18-30 year olds which I would love to be a part of shaping. Time will tell. In the meantime, we'll just try to continue to be patient and see what doors God opens. My hope for this church is that they will find the person that God intends for that position. We will rejoice with them even if it doesn't happen to be me.

2 comments:

Tory said...

Hey, you need to check out my blog. http://thegateway.blogspot.com

Also... tory.larson at gmail.com

Sry I've not been in touch...life is...you know.

JGaroutte said...

regarding the previous post? I'm sooooooooooo jealous... that's sweet!

We'll keep praying for you guys in the ministry area. It does sound to me like what you were talking about doing before you moved...