Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Wisdom Teeth

I finally got my wisdom teeth pulled today. It was something I'd been needing to do for awhile, but didn't really want to pay for. Since I have the best insurance I am probably ever going to have, I decided now is the time. I think everybody should consider working a job they don't care for with great benefits from time to time just to do all of the elective procedures that they've been putting off. I guess I'll have to think of what I can inflict on myself next.

The pain hasn't been too bad, but I look like a prize fighter the day after the big fight, without the black eyes and all. My jaw is HUGE and throbs a bit, but I've got good meds and feel a little groggy, but otherwise not bad. If I feel this way tomorrow, I think there's a good chance that I'll be at work. I'll decide around noon whether I go to work or watch the first day of the NCAA tournament.

They asked me if I wanted to keep any of the teeth if they stayed intact. I told them I have a six year old son, so of course I want the teeth. I only managed to bring one home with me and it's pretty gross. The doc had said that if I was single he would have recommended dipping it in gold, putting it on a chain and wearing it to the bar because any dental assistants would go nuts for it. I told him I thought I'd just make a necklace with some dentures instead. That's the last thing I remember before I went under.

I woke up in a different room and was soon reunited with Amy and the kids and was on my way home. I pretty much just sat around for the afternoon and watched the extended "Fellowship of the Ring" while Maia napped and Amy and Xander went grocery shopping. I was able to talk to Rena (my sister) awhile this evening and think I carried on a coherent conversation with her, although she would be a better judge of that.

I did have to skip worship rehearsal tonight, but was able to get Maia put down awhile ago after Amy left. Xander picked up a new Sonic the Hedgehog plug and play game (with the allowance that he's been saving for a few months) and has been in our room putting it through its paces all night. I'm proud of him for saving for something he's really wanted and hope he'll enjoy it.

Update on Patricia, she went home on Monday and was hurting a bit when I talked to her yesterday. I'll check in with her again tomorrow. She seems excited by what she's reading in the Bible and I've encouraged her to write in it and to feel free to ask questions about anything she wants to know more about. I'm encouraged and envy her opportunity to really dig in over the next few weeks as she's less mobile. I'm praying for God to immerse her in Himself and let her new faith really take root. What a blessing.

No comments: