Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sermon Prep

I'm not sure exactly why, but I've been having a hard time the last few days getting into the right frame of mind to write a sermon for Sunday, but this morning it clicked. I got up a little after 6:30 this morning and just wrapped up the first draft. I'll practice it tomorrow morning, rewrite, practice, rewrite, practice and so on until I either am happy with where it is or run out of time. I don't think this one is going to need too much rewrite though.

God is good. My brain has been elsewhere lately and I was beginning to wonder if this sermon was going to come together to where I would actually have anything of value to say on Sunday. God opened some things up to me this morning as I read Acts 17 that excited and inspired me to just write until I was done. Hopefully God uses it to connect with someone in a new way and stirs them like He has me.

No comments: