Monday, March 13, 2006

Back to Camp


Amy and I get to head back to Indiana this summer for our sixth year at Impact Summit Camp (formerly Bible Conference). Fred Stayton gave us a call on Wednesday to wee if we might be able to make the trip as they hadn't found replacements for us yet. The camp staff was faced with the possibility of having to hire a band to come in and wondered if, instead of hiring someone they didn't know who might not be on the same page in terms of ministry, it didn't make more sense to see if they could cover our expenses to come out.

Of course, we have loved being a part of this camp for the last five years and don't know how many more opportunities we'll get to work with these great friends of ours, so our initial response was to jump at the chance. We decided to take a few days to listen to whether God had anything to say on the subject before making a commitment, but didn't sense Him telling us "no."

Now I'm trying to get in touch with a few musicians to see if we can round out a band that we can do this with that will require minimal rehearsal. We might be able to sneak a practice or two in while we're in Marion in May, but we'll have to see. I'm also trying to get my vacation schedule at work shuffled around just in case I'm still working there by the end of July. Between ministry and teaching job possibilities, we may not need to worry about my current vacation schedule, but I'd like to have it in place just in case. I've learned to not take anything for granted where employment is concerned and wouldn't be completely surprised if the end of 2006 saw me still doing what I'm doing, but I'm fairly optimistic that something will come along.

No comments: