Monday, March 27, 2006

Job Search

Well, we're not moving to Nebraska anytime soon. The job we applied for sent us the "Thanks, but no thanks" letter over the weekend. It's a little disappointing, but not for the reasons you might expect. Amy and I are both very peaceful about it and have faith that we're intended for something else, but rejection is rejection and it takes a little wind out of your sails to hear that you're not worth even talking to.

This weekend did provide several other leads though. One lead is a school near here that is hiring a Jr. High Band Director. The advantage is that we'd be able to stay in Sioux Falls and continue to see what opportunities for ministry present themselves. We also got leads for church jobs in Minnesota and North Dakota that I contacted this morning. The prospect of moving further north is not really attractive on a cold, gray day, but I've often told God that I would go anywhere He wanted me to go and do anything He wanted me to do, so we'll see whether there's any leading in that direction.

I also got a call last week about a bike mechanic position in town. I haven't had a chance to call back yet, but I don't have very high expectations for it anyway since the little bit of work I've done on my own bikes hardly makes me a bike mechanic. I had applied at the place last summer when I didn't have anything and thought it might be a fun thing to do. I'm not sure that the compensation would allow me to leave my current job even if they did want me. I'll still call back and see what happens.

No comments: