Thursday, April 20, 2006

A New Look

The new job at the bike shop meant that I had to shave my goatee. I hated to do it as I've had it for about four years and had been growing it out since October. A final photo and a moment of silence are in order:



Here is the "after" photo:



It had been suggested that I approach Locks of Love to possibly donate the goatee to some poor person who is facially, follicle challenged. In exploring the options though, we discovered a breakthrough in scientific technology that would allow me to keep the goatee by way of having live donors temporarily host the goatee for me. My gracious family said they would be willing to do so in order for me to be able to keep the goatee for days that I do not go to work. Here's how it looks on various temporary hosts:







Needless to say, it works better on some than on others.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Matt,

I don't know about you, but I think Amy looks a little like Tumnus from Narnia. The kids of course look like Wookie midgets. I am not trying to be mean, it's just an observation.

Matt, I miss you man. Life is bitter sweet out here, I am lucky you have continued to blog, because I have been reading up on your journey. COngrats on the new job, I'm looking too.

Maybe I'll call you sometime.

Jason