Wednesday, April 12, 2006

More job prospects and a bike tour

I was awake for about four hours in the middle of the night last night and found a few more church jobs in Nebraska to apply for. I applied at a more reasonable hour once the sun was up and one got back to me in about an hour. I haven't heard from the other as yet. We are currently being considered for at least four different churches from North Dakota to Minnesota to Nebraska. I'm still not certain about whether we're supposed to move again or not, but I trust God to fill us in as we consider some of these opportunities.

I'm rapidly approaching my last night at my current job and will have my first day in the bike shop a week from today. I'm looking forward to the change of pace, although I'm growing accustomed to working shorter shifts since I've been using the vacation and holiday time I've accumulated to go home early from work for the last week.


I finally registered for the Tour de Kota this morning and am looking forward to riding again. I'm only able to register for Sunday and Tuesday at this point since I don't know what my work schedule will be exactly, but know I won't have any vacation time to use. The Sunday ride starts and ends in Yankton (our home base last summer) on roads that I know pretty well and will cover about 100 miles. The Wednesday ride will be 67 miles from Garretson (just northeast of Sioux Falls) to Volga. We won't have to travel far to do the two days and I'm pretty optimistic about getting in shape for just two days, especially since I get to rest two days between. Last year I paid a bit with day after day of long effort. I'm sure the ride will still present its own challenges, but I'll probably be a bit more relaxed this year. I need to get back to training!

1 comment:

JGaroutte said...

Wow... I've got so much work to do if I'm ever gonna catch up to you!

You and Amy are in our prayers with the job situation!