Saturday, April 01, 2006

Almost a bike mechanic


Well, I wasn't able to give my two weeks notice today, but it was a successful 2nd interview. I go in again Monday for what should be a meeting about salary and paperwork and should be official in a few weeks unless they change their minds over the weekend.

I can't help but think how crazy all of this is. I'm basically taking a job at 33 years of age that I would have loved in high school or college, but would never have dreamed of doing as the primary source of income for a family of four. Obviously, other job searches will have to continue, but I'm hoping to pick up some skills and maybe even a job that I could continue to do part time if ministry or teaching things became available in the area. For the short term, I'd at least be able to enjoy the employee discount. My biggest problem is that as I looked at the bikes today before my interview, I couldn't decide which one I would want!

No comments: