Thursday, April 27, 2006

Hoping to catch my breath

This week has been nuts! I had an interview for a part time, middle school band job followed by a 9+ hour shift at the bike shop on Monday and have been working a little extra to try to hit my goal of 43 hours per week. We also heard back from one of the four churches that we currently have resumes out for wanting me to respond to questions about my testimony, philosophy of ministry and other questions that I couldn't just fire off a quick response to. I chipped away at the questions from Monday night until last night at about 11:30 between normal family life, sending out another resume for a teaching job, a late worship planning meeting, rehearsal and work.

To make life more interesting, I take the teaching exam on Saturday and really haven't had much of a chance to study. I'm hoping to do that over the next few nights between family stuff and a little down time to watch "The Office" and "My Name is Earl."

While I've really enjoyed working at the bike shop, things are going to need to let up or my cycling is going to have to be vicariously done through customers and the other guys in the shop. I've only got half as many miles as I did at this point last year and my ride on Sunday afternoon was horrible. I was sluggish and tired on a day that was not even horribly windy by South Dakota standards. I estimate that I need about another 500 miles in my legs to be ready for the two days of the Tour de Kota that I'm doing this summer which is only about 6 weeks away and I'm not exactly sure where the time is going to come from. I need to establish a new routine, but I haven't settled into my new work schedule yet.

We leave for vacation in Marion, IN in about 9 or 10 days. I need it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt,

Glad to see you are in a new job and that there seems to be a lot in the pipe-line.

Don't forget to checkout (and add to your blog roll) www.the-miles.org for updates on the miles family.

Anonymous said...

I am sitting at your old desk now and working your old shift.