Monday, December 18, 2006

Proud or embarrassed?

Xander has put his shirt on backwards the last three days in a row. This is not an uncommon occurrence in the least. Usually, I notice right away, tell him about it and he laughs a slightly embarrassed laugh while he turns his shirt around the right way. Not this morning.

He was determined that he was going to keep it on the way that he put it on when I told him it was on backwards and when Amy told him two minutes later. He stuck to his guns and wore it that way all the way to school.

As I dropped him off, I wasn't sure if I should be proud of him for making a stand and sticking with it or embarrassed that my son doesn't know how to put his shirt on the right way. I opted for proud, figuring there are far more important things to be uptight about than clothing.

For the record, when I got home from work I noticed that he had turned the shirt around. I asked him when he did it and he told me, "When I got to my locker."

1 comment:

JGaroutte said...

that guy's my hero...