Sunday, December 24, 2006

New Music


One of the most anticipated things on my Christmas list this year has been new music. When I was a music student I purchased CD's often since listening to great musicians is one of the foundations of becoming a great musician yourself. When we were at Hanfield, I purchased a lot of new music because we needed to be exposed to a variety of resources that might be used in corporate music.

Lack of excuse (and lack of funding) have found my music collection growing much more slowly these days, but it did grow by two CD's yesterday in Yankton. I was given "See the Morning" by Chris Tomlin and "Oh! Gravity" by Switchfoot by my loving in-laws after not buying any new music in four months. I sort of suspected that I'd get the Tomlin CD since Marilyn flat out told me not to buy it at Thanksgiving, but the Switchfoot CD was a surprise since it does not release until Tuesday. One of the advantages of pre-orders is that they sometimes arrive a touch early and give you a few days to gloat that you are only one of a handful of people to have access to a new project.

I also received a gift card from Target from Casey and Heidi and expect that I'll probably pick up another CD with it after the holidays. I love new music!

No comments: