Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Fall Colors

I was crashed on the couch just a bit ago when I noticed the first leaves turning their autumn colors in a tree across the street. It's entirely too early for that isn't it?

I think it's hitting me harder this year than most. I had hoped that this summer would be a transitional season for us, and it is in several ways. Xander is starting public school on Monday after home schooling for a year and Amy is starting teaching at USF next month. But I had really anticipated a change for me.

I have to admit that seeing the colors of fall today was sort of like seeing the departure time at the airport for the flight you were supposed to be on and realizing that you'd missed the flight. Is this all I'm going to be doing for the foreseeable future or will something finally break through in terms of meaningful ministry? I've been physically and mentally exhausted lately and feel myself getting more and more frustrated as time goes by. I have to believe that there is a purpose in all this, but I'm tired of looking for it.

Please God, open the doors that you've kept hidden and let me step into what you have called me here for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord lift up Matt's spirits and remind him that fall is not an ending but a season of beautifull change.

Anonymous said...

May God bless you and fill you with Him peace in this fall season. Here's a prayer for you.

God of the changing seasons,
we thank you for autumn.
Walk with us
through this winter season.
May our lives reflect the purity of the snow,
the vitality of the spring, the fullness of summer's growth, and the brightness of the
autumn foliage.
We often grieve our losses, but we know that your constancy in an ever-changing world will provide the rock on which we can anchor our lives.
In your grace, we pray.
Amen