Saturday, August 19, 2006

Another Door Closed

I had left one door open to the outside world (that is, outside South Dakota) by applying for a job at a large church near the Minneapolis/St. Paul area about six weeks ago. It was shortly after that when Amy got her job at USF and we decided to commit to Sioux Falls for at least one more year. I left the door open on the church job because it looked like a dream job for me and I was interested in seeing how far I could actually make it in the hiring process. I figured if it came to the point where they were serious about me (which I doubted), we would assess what our options were at that time.

Turns out, we don't have to worry about it. I got my rejection last night when I got home from the shop. Another door closed. While I'll admit to being a little melancholy about it, I'm not really all that depressed. I'm fairly sure that I'm not going to wind up spending the rest of my life working for scraps in non-ministry, non-music fields, but it sure would be nice to break out of that sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, I'll keep heading to the shop, trying to become the best bike mechanic I can be and enjoying not having to pay retail for my most expensive hobby. Speaking of which, I need to hit the road before work...

No comments: