Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday Evening

Monday night and all is well. Okay, at least I'm enjoying my day and nothing is crashing down around me at the moment.

I did hear back from the church I did the phone interview with. They are taking a little more time and should let me know something more definitive shortly. The fact that they are wanting to make a decision by next week and haven't asked when they might be able to meet me is a pretty strong indicator that they're more serious about someone else. Not a problem. If we're supposed to be somewhere else, we'll be somewhere else. The opportunity was an exciting one and would have pushed us a bit beyond where we've been which made it pretty exciting to consider, but I'd rather be wherever God desires us to be and if this door closes, it means we're one door closer to the right one. Of course, there's a part of me that still hopes for an eleventh hour call to go interview.

I applied for another ministry job today. This one is part time worship and part time youth at a non-denominational church. The prospect of getting involved in youth ministry is a little intimidating, but I definitely enjoyed the youth settings that I was able to be a part of at Hanfield and Impact Summit Camp (it probably had a lot to do with the youth that we were around). I definitely believe I can do the job, if it's the one that God is calling me to.


On a completely different note, I ordered a new bike today. It's a LeMond Zurich and is a much better bike than I ever thought I would own. Working at a bike shop has its perks. I was basically to the point where I was going to have to put some cash into my current bike to get ready for the Tour de Kota and decided that if things are going to move forward with the job search, now might be the best time to buy the bike. I'll be building a lot of bikes off the clock at work this summer to help pay for it and hope I can get my current bike in solid working order so I can sell it to recover some of the cost. I also asked Amy if I could order pedals for it as an early Father's Day present, so I ordered a set of Crank Brothers Quattro SL Team pedals (in blue to compliment the bike). I'm hoping that I'll be hitting the roads with the new gear in the next two weeks and that I'll have the bike paid off in the next six months.

No comments: