Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Idol Finale?


We just finished watching what was rumored to be the season finale of "American Idol." I will confess that I have not been able to watch much this season, so my familiarity with the Taylor and Katherine is extremely limited. That said, in three years of watching the finale of "Idol", tonight was easily the worst finals I've seen. In my opinion, there was not a single song sung tonight that showed why Taylor and Katherine were in the finals. If you were to take the finals performances from the last three seasons, tonight's performances would rank fifth and sixth. I have to say that the appeal of Taylor's slightly off key, closed vocals and awkward stage presence is lost on me. I would say that Katherine strikes me as a singer with great potential who needs a few more years before she'll hit her peak vocally, but she didn't do very well tonight.

Daniel Powter's closing song "You had a Bad Day" was an apropos selection for tonight's performances. This was probably the season for me to miss.

No comments: