Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Welcome to unemployment

Today is my first official day of unemployment, although I'll be going in to the church in a little bit to get together with Mike and Luke as we do some more orientation with them as the new music area champions for the worship arts ministry. I've been a little scarce on blogger lately so that I could focus on getting things ready for us to step out. I should have a little more time on my hands now while we prepare to move and look for a new job.

I'm already finding myself restless just sitting around the house. If it was the weekend or vacation, I wouldn't have any trouble hanging out watching ESPN News and dinking around on the web, but knowing that I don't have any definite plans for when I need to be back on the job is making me a little anxious. Even though I trust that God is working in the midst of this, I wish it was September 1 instead of June 1 because I should be employed and have a little more direction by then. I did manage to take an old love seat, some clothes and a few other items to the rescue mission, but otherwise I feel pretty useless.

I did apply for a job at a church in Sioux Falls today as well. I wasn't really expecting to apply for church jobs, but had a friend send me a job listing that I had seen earlier and began to remember some conversations I'd had earlier in the year. Those conversations were about the idea of taking a vocational ministry job as a "tent making" job in order to pursue other ministry that I feel called to. I figured it wouldn't hurt to see whether this church might be a good fit for me as we begin the job search.

I think I'll go read a book, or take a nap, or something productive like that.

No comments: