Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Go... (part 2)

Somebody give me a job, please. Today was really the first day on this trip that I couldn't pretend it was vacation and had to start the job search. A few possibilities, but I'd rather that something just fell in my lap so I could stop guessing and wondering what people are thinking about the self-unemployed guy sitting around the house all day.

Okay, I did spend about five hours online looking through various job sites and finding some postings. So far I've only applied to take the exam for the Postal Service, applied to attend a pre-employment session at Citi Financial and have looked at other leads in Brookings, at Wells Fargo, Spherion and Manpower. Not too many of these make me jump up and down, but I'm recognizing that this is probably not a "forever" career change for me, but just a layover while I get to know the community better.

I am planning on meeting for lunch with a Pastor from Sioux Falls on Thursday about his church and possibly a church plant. I'll also probably get in touch with the Vineyard folks again in the next week or so to talk about their desire for a church plant. Don't know what might come of either, but we'll have the conversations and see if there's a nudge in any particular direction.

Tomorrow I'm planning on going for a bike ride and spending some more time following up with Wells Fargo and seeing what else might present itself. I've also got to spend some time with the guitar and get myself ready for a concert in Mitchell on Sunday. Amy and I are doing about 20 minutes of music and we're helping a group of Casey's some as well. I haven't played too much in the last few weeks and will be glad to get in front of a microphone again. Hopefully things will go well and we might even get a chance to do some other things in the weeks ahead.

No comments: