Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Death of a righteous billy goat

I had to shave the billy goat down to a more "professional" length the other day in anticipation of my first set of interviews. I had been allowing the goatee to grow since mid December and had grown rather fond of my friend. It allowed me to play more fully the role of artist and gained me notoriety on the Tour de Kota as I made the front page of the paper and was instantly recognized by the other riders when they saw the majesty that extended several inches below my chin.

I may have been the only one sorry to see it go, but I felt like I lost a uniqueness that I rather enjoyed. Oh well.

I did get the print of the photo from the paper in the mail today. It was an extreme close-up of me drinking from a water bottle at a rest stop on the first day of the Tour. I'll probably scan it and include it on the blog in the next few days if I can get permission from the paper. Ironically, I also found out today that I will be unable to order a back issue of the paper in question due to the demand that the Argus Leader had for all of the issues during the Tour de Kota, so I still haven't seen it in the paper itself, caption and all.

No comments: