Tuesday, July 22, 2008

If I'm not carefull I'll develop a reputation

I had a couple of interesting complements at work over the weekend that I thought were rather humorous. The first one is not so uncommon, but the enthusiasm with which it was delivered made it so. I had a junior high kid ask where the skateboard stuff was and after I gave him directions he said (again, enthusiastically), "You rock, dude!".

So, let it be known that I, indeed, rock.

The same day there was a lady in looking to buy a heavy bag (punching bag) and a pair of gloves. She was buying them for her place of employment where, apparently, several women work who carry a fair amount of tension. The customer was buying the bag so that when one of her coworkers needs to let off some steam, they can throw on the gloves, give the bag a beating and go about their business.

When she first arrived in the store, she got a little short with the manager who first tried to help assist her because he didn't look directly at her and she is somewhat hearing impaired and reads lips. I made a point of maintaining eye contact and took a little extra time making sure that communication was happening because it didn't seem like it would take much to piss her off. I think she appreciated it and I was the only one she communicated with that she didn't seem to get at least a little put out with.

I hooked her up with a 70 pound heavy bag and a pair of gloves and after I loaded it into the car she said (I kid you not), "You have pleased many women."

So, let it be know that I have pleased many women.

Wait, I don't think that came out quite right...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does Amy have to say about that?

Anonymous said...

Amy says it's about time people saw the value of my man! I've known he rocks for years... I'm not sure what to say about the pleasing many women thing. But I'm secure in our relationship. :)

Prairie Painter said...

That's great! Love it!

Anonymous said...

ROFL that was great Matt! You do rock you know!