Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Quick Update

There's more going on than I could possibly sit and write in the 15 minutes that I have, and more thoughts that I'd like to flesh out, but for now an update will have to do.

Things are busy at work. We've got our shop grading this week where the main bike guy for all of our stores comes through, takes a look at our set up and makes recommendations. It means that I've been putting in a few longer days and doing a lot more busy work than selling this month. The fact that I was gone for training for parts of two consecutive weeks put me behind as well. After Thursday, we'll start the big push for our spring bike advertisement which runs on the 29th. After that, we'll finally hit the chaotic summer grind, but it should at least resemble something of a routine.

Things are busy at home. We're working on housing here, housing in Indiana (our place has now been on the market for two years, and finding time to function as a family. Amy and I caught the Blue Man Group a few weeks ago (which I am hoping to write about) and we've spent time with my folks pre-Easter and Jim and Marilyn post-Easter. I managed to sneak in a ride with Casey which was a huge bonus.

Things are busy on the bike. The kiddos got new bikes for Easter. Maia hasn't mastered the concept of using the pedals for anything other than stopping and Xander's bike will take a little to grow into. He's been riding his old bike up and down the driveway between snow storms and seems to be getting more comfortable all the time. Pretty soon he'll be up and about on the new bike. I picked up a new bike as well: a single-speed mountain bike by Gary Fisher. Again, I'm hoping to write more about it later with a few pics as well. I also was selected to ride on a relay team for the store where we'll be competing with the other stores in the corporation. They are setting us up with new Trek Madone and Pilot bikes as well as a LeMond Versailles with LeMond's all new, full carbon frameset. It should be fun to ride borrowed bikes for awhile and the team that hits 3000 miles first gets to keep the bikes, so there's a fair amount of incentive. Again, more to follow in the weeks to come.

That's my 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any tips on teaching an almost 4 year old how to pedal? He doesn't even get how to stop with them right now.