Wednesday, April 25, 2007

First long ride of the year

I managed to get out for a 52 mile jaunt before working a 10 hour shift yesterday. It was my longest ride of the year by 16 miles thus far and I felt surprisingly good afterward. The temp was in the low 50's, so I dressed accordingly and I knew there was a good chance that I'd be wet as well. Thankfully, it didn't start raining on me until about mile 38, so I only had to deal with that for a short time and managed to get home without getting too chilled.

I also found out more about the bike competition that will be going on at work that I mentioned previously. To recap, each store in the corporation will have a four person team competing to see who can get to 3000 miles the fastest. The first team to do so wins their bikes (and they're nice bikes). A couple more parameters of the competition are that no individual can log more than 125 miles in a week and no one individual can count as more than 1000 miles for the team. Essentially then, this means that if each of our team members ride 125 miles a week for six weeks we should win our bikes. That should be an easily attainable goal, but we'll have to see. I'm sure there's still something in the fine print that I'm not reading. For the time being, we'll operate under the known terms and conditions and see where this goes.

No comments: