Saturday, April 28, 2007

Meet the Rig

Here's my newest toy, a Gary Fisher Rig fully outfitted to be my commute bike and anxiously awaiting its debut at some of the local mountain bike trails.

The Rig is cool for a couple of reasons: 1. It is a single speed. Why a single speed? Less fuss, more fun. It took me a few trips to stop reaching for the shifters, but I'm finally to the point where I feel fairly natural on it. 2. It is a 29er, meaning it has 29" tires (compared to a normal mountain bike at 26"). This makes it roll like a beast and it easily overcomes objects in its path.

As you can see from the pics, it is fully fitted as a commute bike with front and rear lights, bottle cages, computer mount, seat pack, frame pump and bell. I've ridden it to work a handful of times and have enjoyed it, but can't wait to hit some of the local trails to give it a run at its native habitat.

No comments: