Sunday, April 08, 2007

Golf U Wrap Up

I'm a few days off of the Golf University that the store sent me to this week and, by and large, it was a very good experience for a novice golfer. I learned a lot about club design and even feel like I can work with customers in golf without being totally clueless as to what I'm talking about.

Even though it was a positive experience, the worst part was actually playing golf on Wednesday. We had hit the practice green and driving range for lunch that day and it was very cold. We had the opportunity to hit as long as we wanted, but could head in when we got cold. Not so much with the evening event. We set up to play nine holes at about 5:30. The temp was about 28 degrees with a 20 mph wind. Needless to say, it made for very cold golf.

Each product company that was there had a few holes that they sponsored, so we got to hit product from different brands which was cool. I actually felt really bad for the reps because while we walked and were able to get the blood circulating, the reps had to ride in a cart with their product and caddy for us, so they were really cold by the time it was all over.

Other than that, I got a bit of swag from the companies and developed a new appreciation for how much a good set of clubs can help your game. I don't think I'll be buying anything anytime soon to hit the links, but at least I'll know what to borrow when I want to go out.

No comments: