Monday, July 10, 2006

Three Day Weekend

I'm just wrapping up a three day weekend that was supposed to see us in Nebraska, but left us home when the church we were supposed to visit ran into scheduling problems. I took advantage to spend some time on the bike and get a bit of rest. I did 75 miles with some good hills on Saturday and 59 miles at a fairly solid tempo this morning. I'm feeling pretty good on the bike and can't wait to ride with John and Jamin in Indiana in a few weeks.

I also took the opportunity to visit a church here in Sioux Falls that is looking for a part time worship leader. It's a Missionary Alliance church that was planted here last fall and is in an early transitional stage trying to decide where they're headed in terms of worship arts. I can't say enough good things about the service. The music was great, the message was solid and, most of all, God was glorified. I definitely could see being a part of what they're doing there, but we'll see how the Lord leads. Amy will visit next week and then we'll talk more with the church after we get back from camp at the end of the month.

I'm thankful for the patience that God has given us of late in the job search. I definitely feel more peaceful and simply feel like we're waiting for God to give us marching orders. I've learned a lot in the last year that I think will make me a more effective leader and more compassionate towards those that I serve and serve alongside. God does not waste our experiences and I'm looking forward to seeing how He intends to use ours for His glory.

No comments: