Wednesday, July 12, 2006

On Again

The on again, off again trip to Nebraska is on again for the first weekend in August. It's nice to have a date confirmed (again) and it seems like it will stick this time. We're still not feeling any definite pull towards Nebraska yet, but the trip will definitely shed some light on whether we're supposed to be there or not.

I'm interested to hear Amy's impression of the church I checked out last weekend. She'll get her shot on Sunday and we can compare notes. I still feel like we have options in front of us and that God will reveal the place we're meant to be somewhere along the line.

In the meantime, today was day two of eight in a row at the shop. I have to admit that I'm enjoying the shop more often than not. Amy and I were talking a week or two ago and she said something to the effect of, "It's not like you'll still be fixing bikes in 10 years." To which I responded, "I hope I am, just not as my vocation." I find myself wanting to take a look at bikes for people because I genuinely enjoy playing with bikes. I actually have some mechanical ability and have even had phone calls and emails asking me for help and advice on how to fix things. This has never happened before in my life. It's definitely been an ego boost for me.

Once we reach the end of my long stretch of work days, I have one day off, two on and then we're on our way to Indiana for Impact Summit Camp. We finally nailed down a bass player yesterday and are taking care of some of the planning and coordinating details this week. I can't wait to actually just get there and get started. The chance to play with Dave and Keaton again would be enough to get me excited, but the fact that we get to work with people that we love doing something that we love in a way we haven't had much of an outlet for lately has me chomping at the bit to get there. Only ten days until we leave...

2 comments:

JGaroutte said...

Can't wait to talk in person in a week and a half about what's been going on for you guys in the last year!...

Need a horn?

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm glad you found a base player! I'm looking forward to seeing you guys at camp. Drive safe & God Bless - Kyle B.