Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Back to Indiana

Now, before you get the wrong idea, it's not a move back to Indiana, just a few weeks to prepare for and lead worship at the Impact Summit Camp starting the 24th. We'll be glad to be back in the area to see friends and to be able to do some music again. It's a different thing when you're used to doing two rehearsals and a full Sunday with a guitar and then don't do it for a month at a time. I'm hoping that as we get to know some folks around here and get involved in a church we'll have a chance to get back into it in time.

I'm still jobless after another 12 resumes sent, some with personal contacts. There is a music store in Sioux Falls that does a lot of band instrument sales where the manager thought they'd be doing at least some part time hiring in the next month or so. Otherwise, I'm kind of at the will of the people that have my information in hand. I don't know how many of these folks I'll hear back from, but hopefully something will happen soon. I'm not looking forward to going back to Indiana and telling everyone that after nearly two months I'm still unemployed and we're really no closer to being settled here than we were when we were treating it like vacation.

Pride is a funny thing. It is the pride of pulling my own weight and my desire to not do a poor job representing Jesus that makes me want to find a job, but it's also pride that drives me to make something happen rather than wait for whatever God has in mind. My faith really isn't shaken by the way I feel. I am asking God more questions than ever, but I still fully expect to look back on this whole experience and see how God was at work in the midst of it. I am definitely thanking God for the family support which is making it much easier since I know my family will eat and that they have a roof over their heads while all of this is taking shape.

Soon, Lord. Please.

No comments: