Monday, July 18, 2005

Back in Marion

I'm sitting at the Marion Public Library typing my first ever blog entry from a public space. It's a little weird. I have a feeling my train of thought might be even more jumbled than usual with everything going on around me.

It's a little weird being back in Marion. My brain is confused about whether we're on vacation or just back from vacation. We had our cable, internet and phone all disconnected before we're left and our mail is going to South Dakota so everything that would be normal about a routine around here is off kilter. I walk in the door expecting to check phone messages, plop down on the couch and turn on the TV and look over the mail, but none of that's going to happen this week. Okay, I could turn on the TV, but all I'd see is static. I keep thinking I need to open the basement door to let the cats out even though they're living in the old chicken coop at Mom and Dad's. I keep thinking I need to walk on the least squeaky part of the stairs so I don't wake up the kids, but they're with the cats (just not staying in the chicken coop).

I told someone that in terms of our move, we're in the space between the period of the previous chapter and the start of the next. We were at Hanfield yesterday which was great. It was a little weird to have no responsibility and really no idea of what was going to happen in the course of a service.

A job, a house, normalcy... Things I'm praying for and hoping they don't hold off for too long.

No comments: