Saturday, September 25, 2004

Team building

This week was a good week for team building. The video "Noise" that the creative planning team chose for last Sunday was well received giving me hope that our people are more ready for change than we had originally anticipated. We also had a retreat with Chuck, Susan, Leanne and myself at Shirley's family's cabin at Lake Barbee that was a good first step toward open communication in planning future ministry and tackling existing problems.

Yesterday I mentioned to Leanne that I got copies of Dan Kimball's book Emerging Worship to both Dave Brown and Tim Helm, who I will be working with to pursue the goal of the satellite campus. My hope is that the three of us will have read and discussed the book and talk about it's possible implications for the satellite campus before we begin building the team that will be helping us. Right now, I don't think I would be able to have a constructive conversation with Dave or Tim because I'm coming from a perspective that is completely foreign to them. Reading the book will help them be able to understand some of what I'm thinking which will help us have constructive dialog about where we're headed. When I mentioned this to Leanne she said that it would probably be good for Chuck, Susan and her to read the book as well so that they have a better understanding of where I'm coming from. I told her that I had been thinking along those lines anyway as well as possibly getting it to a few key people on Ad. Council. Her comments were good confirmation to begin to move in that direction.

No comments: