Sunday, March 16, 2008

Wasn't daylight savings time last week?

DST may have been last week, but I lost my sleep this week instead. We've been really fortunate with our neighbors since we moved to Sioux Falls who have always been courteous and easygoing. But, in both places we've lived (both duplexes) they have had the habit of going out on Saturday night and coming home in the wee small hours.

In our first place, Alyssa's room was right above ours, so when she came home late, we'd hear her overhead getting ready for bed, stumbling around or (just once) having a shouting match with someone. It's been a little better in our current residence with the exception being that Brady and Tamra's garage door opener is right below our bed.

Last night at 1:42, the garage door opened and startled us out of a deep sleep. I actually drifted off again very quickly, until the garage door closed. I stayed in bed, awake, for the next half hour before getting up to get a drink and read a bit. I finally went back to bed about 3:15 and was asleep soon after and am having a bit of trouble getting going this morning.

Ironically, DST really didn't effect my sleep patterns or feeling of rest, but this may be my week to adjust to a lost hour of sleep.

No comments: